I think we can all agree that 2018 was a hot mess. I only accomplished one of my resolutions from last year, which was to drink more water lol…not that impressive.
With that being said, I plan on hitting my goals HARD this year. I’ve already talked about them a few times on my IG stories, but I thought that I’d reiterate them on the blog as a means to hold myself accountable!
Wake up at 5 AM
- I’ve read multiple times that waking up at 4 am is a common habit of highly successful people and multiple CEO’s. Although
5amis an hour off, I figure it’s a good start!
Work out 5 days a week
- This resolution goes hand-in-hand with the whole waking up at
5amthing. I don’t have very much time in my evenings to get stuff done, so I know that if I don’t wake up early to workout, I won’t work out at all. I started a 12-week weight training program that’ll hopefully give me the results I want soon enough! Stay tuned!
Read 15 books
- I really want to get back into reading for pleasure this year (as opposed to for work or for school (in the past). I want to read both fantasy fiction books along with self-help books! Hopefully more book-related content coming soon!
Have one blog post a week
- I hate to say it, but I’m already getting off to a bad start with this resolution. But, to be fair, I’m working on the time management for the three resolutions above (and work) first, before I take on other tasks. I’m giving myself grace on this because the goals I’ve set for myself this year are the biggest I’ve ever set, so I’m trying to take everything at my own pace and do the best I can!
Save 5k for my Japan Trip
- Minor confession: I’ve already saved half of this goal, last year! I just want to hold myself accountable for seeing it through. That’s why it’s on the list!
Host my first event
- Out of all my goals, this one seems the most daunting to me. All my other resolutions involve pushing myself and the only thing stopping me from achieving them is…myself. But, with this resolution, other people are involved. The whole concept is pretty overwhelming, but I have awesome friends & followers that I know would support me, so I think I’m just psyching myself out!
That’s it! I’m determined to make this the best year of my life. I’m motivated to be the best version of myself and make time for the things that matter most to me! I hope that you guys have a great year too and let me know some of your resolutions!
Until next time!